The Perodua Axia is now available with Advanced Safety Assist 2.0, making it the most affordable car in Malaysia with active safety features. Other additions are more safety features and equipment, and two new variants, the GXtra and the sporty-looking Style. The A-segment hatchback is now offered in six trim levels, E, the G, GXtra, Style, SE, and AV.
Power-wise, three-cylinder, 998cc, naturally-aspirated engine remains unchanged. The maximum output is 67bhp at 6000rpm with up to 91Nm of torque at 4,400rpm. The Axia has ASEAN NCAP four-star safety rating and EEV status for fuel efficiency.
Changes to the Axia are as follows:
- The top-of-the-range Axia AV now comes with Advanced Safety Assist (ASA) 2.0
- ISOFIX child seat anchors are standard across all trim levels
- The G, GXtra, SE, Style and AV are now equipped with ABS-brakes and electronic brake-force distribution as standard
- The GXtra, Style, SE and AV now also have Vehicle Stability Control and traction control.
- The SE and AV have solar and security film on the windows
- now only one model has a five-speed manual gearbox, the entry-level E-spec
Advanced Safety Assist (ASA) 2.0
ASA 2.0 consists of Pedestrian Detection (up to 50km/h), Pre-Collision Warning (up to 100km/h), Pre-Collision Braking (up to 80km/h), Front Departure Alert and Pedal Misoperational Control, all of which mitigate collisions.
The new Perodua Axias: GXtra and Style
SUV-styling cues make the new Axia Style stand out. It has the same safety, security and comfort features as the GXtra but is sportier-looking.
- Smart entry and smart key
- Black plastic trim on the lower body, wheel arches, around the front fog lights and below the front grille, black roof trim
- Aluminium-look “skid plates” on the front and rear.
- Piano black surrounds for the entertainment and aircon control fascia
- White illumination on the instrument panel
- White tail lamps.
- Semi-bucket seats with denim-look black upholstery fabric
- 15″ alloy rims
- Style-exclusive Sunrise Orange metallic exterior colour
- Piano black surrounds for the aircon vents and entertainment controls
- Silver fascia for aircon controls
- Orange illumination on the instrument panel
- Red tail lamps
The 2019 Perodua Axia is available as follows:
|E (MT)||Ivory White||RM24,900|
|G (AT)||Ivory White/ Glittering Silver/ Midnight Blue||RM33,490|
|GXtra (AT)||Ivory White/ Glittering Silver/Midnight Blue/Lava Red||RM34,990|
|Style (AT)||Ivory White/ Glittering Silver/Midnight Blue/Sunrise Orange||RM38,890|
|SE (AT)||Ivory White/ Glittering Silver/Midnight Blue/Lava Red||RM38,890|
|AV (AT)||Ivory White/ Glittering Silver/Midnight Blue/Lava Red||RM43,190|
Every Perodua is covered by a five-year/150,000km (whichever comes first) warranty and Perodua Total Protect Plus 24-hour roadside assistance.
Perodua updates Axia with ASA 2.0 and two new variants. For more details visit a Perodua showroom or go to http://perodua.com.my/