Hyundai Extended Warranty covers selected Hyundai models with expired manufacturer’s warranty
Hyundai-Sime Darby Motors (HSDM) has launched an Extended Warranty Programme for selected Hyundai models:
- AD/MD-generation Elantra
- LF-generation Sonata
- TL/LM- generation Tucson
- DM-generation Santa Fe
- TQ-generation Starex
To be eligible, the car should have
- expired manufacturer’s warranty no more than 8 years from the manufacturing date
- less than 300,000km on the clock on the fifth year from the car’s purchased date
The extended warranty will function just like a new car’s warranty. It is subject to yearly renewal and only covers mileage of not more than 30,000km a year. The yearly fee is RM1,280.
The extended warranty covers
- internal and primary components of the transmission system
- electrical components of the engine, transmission, motoring, and modular parts of the vehicles
- complimentary repairs and part replacement while under warranty.
The coverage limit per claim is set at RM10,000.
However, any item that has been claimed beforehand can be claimed again should it be proven faulty with a claim of up to RM50,000 on the total aggregate, until it is fulfilled.
To qualify for the Programme, the vehicle must have a good service record with Hyundai authorised service centres. Also, owners are required to send in their vehicles to an authorised service centre for a routine service according to HSDM’s recommended service interval.
This programme is currently only available at all Sime Darby Auto Hyundai (SDAH) branches but will soon be extended to the other authorised service centres nationwide.
Find out more about this programme or Hyundai products at 1300-13-2000 or log on to www.hyundai.com.my