Proton Saga vs Perodua Bezza A Comprehensive Comparison.When searching for a used entry-level sedan eligible for a loan, the Proton Saga and Perodua Bezza emerge as top contenders. Priced around RM30k, both offer practicality and value. Despite similar specs on paper, their unique traits cater to distinct demographics, reflecting Proton and Perodua’s diverse design preferences. While both boast 1.3-liter engines and 4-speed automatic transmissions, the Saga and Bezza have individual characteristics that set them apart. In this comparison, we’ll skip engine performance analysis, as they are closely matched.
Choosing between the Proton Saga and Perodua Bezza? Here’s a quick breakdown:
- Impressive ride and handling, comfortable.
- Higher fuel consumption, slightly less spacious.
- A 2016 Proton Saga starts at around RM21,000, significantly more budget-friendly than the Bezza 1.3 of the same year, priced at RM34,800.
- The Saga stands out as the most affordable option by a substantial margin.
- Affordability is a pivotal factor in opting for a used entry-level sedan, especially when working with a tighter budget.
- The Saga, having experienced greater depreciation, offers assurance that you won’t face as much loss in resale value.
When exploring the Proton Saga vs Perodua Bezza, the Saga emerges as a cost-effective choice, blending ride comfort with affordability – making it an attractive option for those mindful of both performance and budget.
When considering a used Proton Saga, an essential factor is the transmission. Opt for a 2019 or newer automatic Saga, featuring the refined Hyundai-sourced 4-speed torque converter transmission, known for its enhanced performance.
Earlier units utilized the Punch CVT, contributing to higher fuel consumption figures. In the Bezza vs Saga fuel consumption comparison, the Bezza emerges as the clear winner. Real-world data indicates Bezza owners achieving fuel consumption of around 6.0 to 6.7 L/100 km, with some reporting an impressive 5.0 L/100 km. Conversely, Saga owners tend to experience a slightly higher average fuel consumption, closer to the 7.0 L/100 km mark.
For those prioritizing fuel efficiency, the Bezza stands out as the more economical choice in this comparison.
- Superior creature comforts.
- Fuel-efficient, setting it apart as an economical choice.
- Notable for a somewhat jarring ride.
- Equipped with a fixed steering column.
Fuel Efficiency Excellence:
- Perodua’s expertise in fuel efficiency is exemplified in the Bezza.
- The advanced dual VVT-i engine, compact and lightweight, outshines the Saga’s older Campro VVT mill.
- Features like Eco Idle (auto start/stop) and a commendably light curb weight make the Bezza a frontrunner at the petrol pumps.
Perodua Bezza’s superior interior equipment:
- Boasts keyless entry and push-start, enhancing the ownership experience.
- The top-tier Bezza 1.3 AV elevates comfort with full leather seats, surpassing the Saga 1.3 Premium’s semi-leather and fabric combination.
- Exclusive to the Bezza, a front center armrest enhances passenger convenience.
- The Bezza impresses with generous cabin space that seamlessly extends to its ample boot space.
- Notably, the Bezza offers a capacious 508 L boot space, surpassing the Saga’s 420 L.
For those seeking a well-equipped sedan with a spacious and comfortable interior, the Perodua Bezza stands out as a compelling choice, providing a superior ownership experience.
safety features of the Bezza vs Saga:
Bezza Safety Highlights:
- The Perodua Bezza 1.3 X and AV variants offer ABS with EBD, Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRC), Brake Assist (BA), and Hill-Start Assist (HSA).
- The Bezza AV goes a step further with Perodua’s Advanced Safety Assist (A.S.A) 2.0.
Saga Safety Features:
- The Proton Saga matches the Bezza’s safety features, available on multiple variants including the Saga Standard AT, Premium, and Premium S.
- Notably, the Saga provides similar safety benefits at a more budget-friendly price compared to the Bezza AV.
For a cost-effective choice with comprehensive safety features, the Proton Saga presents an attractive option, offering comparable safety specifications without the premium associated with the Bezza AV’s additional Advanced Safety Assist.
the Proton Saga vs Perodua Bezza comparison
Bezza for Practicality:
- Ideal for families and frequent road trips with abundant luggage.
- Offers a spacious interior and economical fuel consumption, making it wallet-friendly.
Saga for Driving Fun:
- Appeals to those seeking a fun-to-drive experience without extreme practicality needs.
- Boasts a stellar ride and handling, providing an enjoyable driving dynamic.
- Weigh the pros and cons based on your specific requirements.
- Note that the Saga of an equivalent year tends to be priced lower than the Bezza, making it a budget-friendly choice.
Before deciding, carefully evaluate your priorities, whether it’s practicality, driving enjoyment, or budget considerations. Understanding these distinctions will guide you towards the Proton Saga or Perodua Bezza that aligns with your preferences.